Do you want to start your day with a feeling of utter pleasure and contentment? Then this is the breakfast for you! It is so divine and satisfying, it will keep your tummy happy all day (well at least till your next meal!) and give you a feeling of fullness.
You can also make this as a breakfast on the go, or enjoy as a pick-me-up later in the day. Add all the ingredients into a jar, pop on a lid and take to work. It will keep well in a fridge overnight too so you can make it in advance.
INGREDIENTS (per serving)
- 3 tbsp oats
- 4 tbsp milk of your choice
- 1 small banana
- 2 tbsp natural or almond yogurt
- 30g of mixed nuts (e.g. cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts)
- 15g of fresh or frozen berries (blackberries, blueberries or raspberries) or some pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp honey, honeyjam, Velojam or chocolate honey
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed / linseed (optional)
- 1 tsp nut butter of your choice
In a bowl or jar, create your bed or oats and soak with the milk. On one side, place your sliced banana and add your yogurt on the other side. Sprinkle with your mixed nuts and either pomegranate, pumpkin seeds or almonds. Sprinkle with ground flaxseed (otherwise known as linseed). Drizzle with honey, dollop with with our honeyjam, Velojam or our chocolate honey. You can also top with a teaspoon of nut butter for an extra treat!